Project Manager sitting within the Business Process Management department.
The role is delivery focused project manager working closely with Business Stakeholders, Users, IT partners and 3rd Party Suppliers to appropriately represent and deliver strategic projects.
This means ensuring the projects:
- adhere to project management and quality standards
- are delivered on time and budget and
- meet the business stakeholder and user needs
The role includes responsibility for:
- Working closely with Business and IT stakeholders to ensure the project is mobilised and structured appropriately (including project initiation documentation, project plan, RAID logs and budget).
- Managing the delivery of the project to agreed timescales and budget to achieve the goals and benefits expected.
- Managing and agreeing project scope and any change requests, escalating issues as required.
- Producing and managing the project plan to include IT, 3rd party supplier and business activity.
- Managing key stakeholders across all departments.
- Managing any internal and external IT suppliers to ensure delivery to scope, plan and budget.
- Managing risks and issues and develop any necessary mitigation plans.
- Producing regular reporting for the sponsor and for project and programme boards.
- Maintaining compliance with TMK project governance standards.
- At least 7 years' project management experience delivering projects of increasing size and complexity, and using standard project management methodologies.
- Proficiency with various software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies including waterfall and Agile software development.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools is preferred.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and/or work streams alongside the direction, leadership and motivation of project teams.
- Structured approach to project management with a demonstrable ability to understand and follow different delivery frameworks.
- Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Project Management standards qualified, e.g. Prince 2, APM etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint. Smartcore preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Lloyd's market is preferred but not essential.
Insurance, Project Management, Business, London Market