I'm recruiting network security consultants for a 6 month contract based in Dortmund, Germany. It is essential that you are able to speak German, however, it does not need to be your native tongue. The successful candidate will above all else be skilled with and/or certified in Palo Alto NGFW's and have experience consulting.
Senior Security Consultant
The Senior Security Consultant will provide delivery leadership and pre-sales support within the Cyber Defence consultancy team primarily aligned to clients in the DACH region.
The role includes the following responsibilities.
- Provide the lead in major delivery projects acting as a security design authority and team lead, ensuring that solutions remain in scope and are aligned to agreed business requirements, appropriate delivery methodologies are followed and that effective governance is applied;
- Delivery of smaller stand-alone projects as required;
- Provide support and guidance to consultants working on other PSS projects;
- Provide peer reviews of HLD, LLD and other project documentation as required;
- Work with internal and external stake holders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
- Work with the sales teams to help define end-client business requirements and associated security services solutions;
- Support the definition, scope and estimation of PSS security services;
- Attend client meetings where applicable.
- Support the preparation of RFP responses and SOWs in areas that relate directly to PSS security services;
- Support and actively participate in the business development of the practice by identifying additional business opportunities within the current client base;
- Make a contribution to the on-going development of PSS security services to ensure that they reflect current industry best practice and trends and remain aligned to customer requirements and expectations;
- Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the PSS team;
- Support the practice lead in local management activities;
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time;
- Maintain effective network of business contacts within the business and their partner community;
- Maintain and grow their own knowledge to ensure this maintains fully relevant to the security services practice and its clients;
- Have strong presentation and written/verbal communications skills at multiple levels of an organization;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of security consulting, design and delivery experience.
As a Security Consultant you will bring:
- Technical expertise with very strong skills in at least 3 or 4 of the technologies below (please note preferred technologies):
- Network FWs particularly NGFW including Palo Alto and Fortinet.
- Infrastructure firewalls: Cisco ASA, Check Point & Juniper.
- Security Devices: Bluecoat Proxy (preferred), F5 ASM, Zscaler, Cisco IronPort;
- IDP/IPS: FirePower/Sourcefire IPS/IDS (preferred), McAfee;
- Vulnerability Scanners: Skybox, Nessus, Nikto, Qualys;
- APT: FireEye, Palo Alto WildFire; Bluecoat Solara
- Identity & Access Management: Cisco ISE;
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies;
- Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments;
- Experience working with operational environments following ITIL frameworks;
- Good general knowledge and expertise of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN, …);
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical);
- Ability to review processes and procedures - and improve them;
- Experience participating in network & system security projects to provide:
- Business requirements analysis and support for Solutions Architects;
- Production of detailed infrastructure designs including physical and virtual aspects of security components.
- Migration of complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms;
It is likely that you will have gained some of the following professional qualifications:
- CISSP or equivalent;
- Vendor specific engineering certifications (e.g. Palo Alto CNSE, Cisco CCNA Security, … ).