Network Engineer - Central Liverpool
Joining a global business, 4th largest in their industry, you will be a key part of the IT team covering all Uk and European offices. The role is Liverpool based.
The role will involve managing, supporting and developing existing network infrastructures for the UK group and European offices. You will work closely with the business (Local and Head Office) and IT department to help maintain a robust and reliable network infrastructure. You will work as part of a network team to implement new firewall and VOIP solutions to existing and new offices, and adhered to security guidelines with regards to firewall policy changes.
- Configuration of Cisco switches to comply with HO standards
- Implement new Cisco networks to company offices in the UK / Europe
- Pro-actively manage / support and develop all existing networks
- Implement new checkpoint firewall hardware to UK and European offices
- Maintain / modify / and troubleshoot firewalls policies to resolve support tickets
- Assist in the implementation of Cisco VOIP systems
- Assist in the implementation of Cisco Meraki wifi networks
Skills & Experience:
· Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of networking principles and WAN technology
· Have an understanding of router configuration management
· Knowledge of Cisco systems
· Experience of working with and managing vlans
· Knowledge of Checkpoint firewall desirable but not essential.
· Ability to resolve network problems having varying degrees of complexity
· Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
· Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
· The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
· Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
· Driven to learn and improve own skills, knowledge and capabilities
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team