BI Developer / Permanent / London / Datawarehouse Developer
The BI and Warehouse Developer role, is a new role that sits within the IT Support team located in the City of London. The team provides application delivery/development and support to the business unit.
To work in a small application support and development team, providing support and future development for a variety of applications. Will have specific responsibility for supporting the business unit with the delivery/development, support and maintenance of both 'off the shelf' products and 'in-house' developed software/applications.
The right individual will have experience in all stages of application and software development, including requirements, logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and prior, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and data warehousing (SSRS an advantage).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Insurance data and London Market systems and processes.
- Experienced in working with the business community to help define and then meet their application and information needs.
- Work within the IT support team to provide support for all applications.
- Work within the Global IT community on strategic initiatives as and when required.
- Governance of third party suppliers to ensure they meet their agreed SLA'
Additional Relevant Information:
- Extensive experience in using MS SQL Server.
- Experience in using MS SSIS & SSAS (SSRS and advantage).
- Experience in using software development tools
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of SDLC processes.
- Ability to simplify and communicate techincal information to business users.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage workloads and prioritise effectively.