INSURANCE BI & WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER
Purpose of this role is to work in a small application support and development team, providing support and future development for a variety of applications. Will have specific responsibility for supporting the business unit with the delivery/development, support and maintenance of both 'off the shelf' products and 'in-house' developed software/applications.
The right individual will have experience in all stages of application and software development, including requirements, logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and prior, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and data warehousing (SSRS an advantage).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of (Re)Insurance data and London Market systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the SBS Eclipse/Origin applications an advantage.
- Experienced in working with the business community to help define and then meet their application and information needs.
- Work within the IT support team to provide support for all applications.
- Work within the Global IT community on strategic initiatives as and when required.
- Governance of third party suppliers to ensure they meet their agreed SLA's
- Working knowledge of data security and protection.
Additional Relevant Information:
- Extensive experience in using MS SQL Server.
- Experience in using MS SSIS & SSAS (SSRS and advantage).
- Experience in using software development tools such as Visual Studio and version control software such as SourceVault, TFS etc.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of SDLC processes.
- Knowledge of (Re)Insurance transactional applications and associated workflows.
- Knowledge of the London Insurance market (Lloyds and Company) and close familiarity with current and future initiatives.
- Have a proven record of practical delivery of solutions in the (Re)Insurance industry.