I'm currently recruiting for an Accounting Assistant in Reading. My client is a globally leading savings and investments firm, and want to bring someone in who is going to contribute to their exciting vision for the future. This is an opportunity to join a globally leading company within the investment space, and being part of its global brand. My client is commited to building an innovative future that is fully focused on the needs of its customers and clients.
As an Accounting Assistant you'll be involved in a variety of tasks which include: double entry accounting, maintaining trial balances and managing HMRC returns. You'll use MS Excel and other tools to perform in-depth analysis of my client's life and pension products, whilst having the opportunity to learn about Financial Reporting metrics with the support of an experienced accounting team.
Other responsibilities of this role include:
- Numerical analysis and data manipulation using a range of software.
- Making payments and performing bank and other reconciliations.
- Handling technical queries.
- Supporting a range of management reports e.g. committee papers, Board reports, and regulatory disclosures
- Support project work when required.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for processes.
The Accounting Assistant role is part of the team that prepares month-end and quarterly reporting which has significant time pressures, therefore to be successful in this role you'll:
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your workload combined with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Mathematical ability.
- Be confident and proficient in your use of Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of analytical work and an ability to spot trends.
- Have the confidence to speak and challenge constructively when appropriate.
My client is looking for someone to fully contribute to the brilliant team spirit it possesses. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an employee of my client you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
My client is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, committed to providing the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Accounting Assistant, Investments, Management Accountant, Reporting, Accountancy