Working with M&G Prudential as an Accounting Assistant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As an Accounting Assistant within M&G Prudential you'll be involved in a variety of tasks, such as; double entry accounting, maintaining trial balances and managing HMRC returns. You'll use MS Excel and other tools to perform in-depth analysis of M&G Prudential's life and pension products, whilst having the opportunity to learn about Financial Reporting metrics with the support of an experienced accounting team.
Other responsibilities of this role include:
- Numerical analysis and data manipulation using a range of software.
- Making payments and performing bank and other reconciliations.
- Handling technical queries.
- Supporting a range of management reports e.g. committee papers, Board reports, and regulatory disclosures
- Support project work when required.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for processes.
The Accounting Assistant role is part of the team that prepares month-end and quarterly reporting which has significant time pressures, therefore to be successful in this role you'll:
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your workload combined with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Mathematical ability.
- Be confident and proficient in your use of Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of analytical work and an ability to spot trends.
- Have the confidence to speak and challenge constructively when appropriate.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
Accounting Assistant, Asset Management, Investments, Management Accounting, Analysis, Reporting