Purpose of Job:
The MI and Reporting Team is responsible for the design and delivery of the group's Management Information and Reporting that provide value and insight across the group. The Team is responsible for providing reliable and fully controlled financial, regulatory and reporting into a number of areas, including Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Risk and Operations, meeting the quality standards required and enabling the business to make effective decisions and meet its ongoing regulatory requirements.
As the Technical Lead, in addition to the build, delivery and maintenance of MI to the Group, you will be responsible providing technical expertise to the wider team, guiding them in best practice and ensuring technical standards are consistently adhered to.
- Design and delivery of strategic MI solutions; as well as delivery of ad hoc MI and tactical MI solutions.
- Production and co-ordination of high quality MI Committee Packs delivered on time.
- Provide leadership and support in all technical aspects of delivering and supporting MI reporting.
- Ensure team follows best practices and adheres to technical standards.
- Be the technical 'go to' person for the team and wider business to resolve and overcome issues.
- Reconciliation of key data and reporting outputs within the company's core systems.
- Work with the data governance team to identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Help operate the data quality framework, including the creation and implementation of exception rules within our exception reporting tool.
- Provide industry insights, keeping abreast of technological changes or trends to ensure My client are delivering within best practice guidelines.
- Provide technical recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Develop and deliver technical training both within the MI & Reporting team and other power users within the business.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in providing technical knowledge for a Management Information reporting function.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Management Information reports working in the Insurance sector.
- Technical excellence in Power BI including MDX.
- Good technical knowledge of Excel including PowerPivot, PowerQuery and DAX.
- Excellent Data Modelling skills with significant knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining Tabular models.
- Excellent SQL skills including T-SQL and practical knowledge of Reporting Services.
- Dashboarding & Data Visualisation skills and associated best practices.
- Good knowledge of PowerBI best practices.
- Excellent all-round technical skills with strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication / influencing skills across various parts of the organisation.
- Relationship Management and Stakeholder Management - Pro-active & Responsive.
- Effective time management, ability to manage own workload appropriately.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships across the organisation.
- Be comfortable on leading PowerBI training sessions.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical capability.
- Strong knowledge retention.
- Proven ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Delivery focused with high levels of motivation, enthusiasm and drive together with strong influencing skills.
- The ability to multi-task and show flexibility when working on several activities simultaneously
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills in order to meet timescales.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as being a good team player.
- Good Commercial awareness.
- The London Insurance Market, specifically Lloyd's.