A fantastic position working for a financial services business in the heart of Roanoke, Virginia. This position will be a key representative within the tax division and have regulator interaction with the Tax Director and CFO.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting tax financial reporting and tax compliance for all entities within the group. Key deliverable items include:-
- Preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions
- Preparation of Federal, state and local income tax returns
- Preparation of state, local and other tax compliance
- Assist with federal, state and local authority audits
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to reduce taxes and minimise audit exposure
- Conduct research, draft technical memorandums, and articulate findings on tax projects
The ideal candidate would be flexible, work well in a team environment, have excellent communication and organisation skills.
Key experience and education required:-
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and/or Masters is highly desirable but not necessary
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in tax or tax accounting