On behalf of my client, a global leading reinsurance company, I am currently recruiting for a Senior Solution Architect. This role is a key position within a newly built team responsible for the delivery of technology innovation and digitisation initiatives within this core area of the business. You will have an important role in helping to create and implement a culture of technology excellence, automation, digitisation and better exploitation of data to further enable and accelerate growth ambitions. You ensure that you positively demonstrate and evidence the leadership/personal imperatives, supporting effective behaviours, showing responsibility to our clients, shareholders and employees to achieve and maintain top-class performance. You will lead and shape the business, show true teamwork and take personal accountability.
- To support operating entities in identifying and realising the benefits of specific initiatives, as well as of agile, DevOps and CI/CD practices in general.
- To support CTO in technology best practice across the core market
- To assist in the delivery of Technology strategy
- To own and define architecture artefacts and technical implementation guidelines in a clear and concise manner
- To define the detailed platform architecture for full stack digital insurance solutions and get the buy-in from the CTO community
- To review, provide recommendations on platform architecture and microservices, drive and guide the engineers
- To synthesise requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- To define and support the delivery of integration technologies, APIs etc. including back to front office, legacy to digital and internal and external/ partner integration.
- To identify a process & set of KPI's that monitor/drive the automation and digitisation efforts
- To be the champion of Agile ways of working, and platform thinking driving ideas and solutions
- To work with variety of internal and external partners, to run RFI's, RFP's and POC's at pace to support business requirements.
- To take a keen interest in emerging and new technology and its potential application in the context - mainly Insurtech and Fintech.
- To be aware of and able to innovatively respond to the differing compliance, risk and regulatory controls
- To build networks and positive relationships across different cultures and working environments.
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience and executive level presence
- 5+ years of experience as the lead technologist/architect for a major product or service
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Analytical thinking, structured approach to address differing initiatives
- Team player and able to work in an environment of high levels of change and diversity of activities
- Highly proactive requiring little day to day direction and enjoy working at pace
- Internal or external consultancy experience with multiple partners and priorities
- Experience of leading teams and senior stakeholder engagement
- Experience of integration of internal/ external and front to back office technologies incl. on premise and cloud environments.
- Insurance or Financial services experience
- Ability to influence, persuade and communicate effectively
- Inspiring, engaging, and encouraging collaboration
- Ability to actively engage, voice opinions, and act as "facilitator" and "consultant"
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills
- Presents well and with conviction
- Good listener but can speak up if and when required
- Enthusiasm to work with a diverse team
- Results-oriented and ambitious with a positive attitude
- Ability to lead a team in a rapidly-changing primary insurance environment
- Pragmatic and "can do" attitude and strong customer orientation
- Willingness to work "virtually" and travel to other sites