Senior Java Developer
Start up feel without the uncertainty. Working within Software development, many of the most exciting positions are at start up based companies due to the opportunity to work on greenfield projects, work in a genuinely agile environment and influence decisions and software standards within the organisation. However, start-ups can be uncertain with 90% of new start-ups failing within the first 5 years of operation. This opportunity will give you the best of both.
The client, a subsidiary of a Global FinTech organisation, is looking to grow a new development team for a Greenfield product they are planning on producing, giving developers the chance to produce a new software product from scratch within the FinTech industry. This role will give strong Java developers the feel of a start up environment with the financial backing and certainty of the mother company.
- Full Lifecycle development with Java-based technologies (Java, Spring Boot, Kotlin, Maven, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Work with micro service-based architecture with docker and orchestration tools including Kubernetes
- Influence and impact the architecture, standards, and design of software for multiple products
- Challenge the status quo and drive new ideas and solutions to ensure we are working with the most up to date technologies available
- Develop high quality code and take part in code reviews
- Further optimization of the continuous integration and provisioning processes
- Bachelor's or higher degree in the technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong hands-on experience with Java (minimum 6 years professional experience) with relevant experience with Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker and AWS
- Previous experience with micro-service-based architecture is a benefit - the successful developer will at the least need to have an interest in this
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices, producing quality code and code reviews
- German Fluency, English is a bonus