A fantastic position working for a large P&C reinsurance business in the Financial District of Manhattan This position will be a newly created finance hire within the reinsurance accounting division.
Reporting to the Reinsurance Accounting Manager and Director, you will provide accurate and timely production of financial statements, production reports, re-insurer receivables/payable and monitor cash processing in order to achieve department standards. More specifically, your role will include but not limited to:
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for all Ceded Reinsurance Accounts including the following accounts
- Ceded Balances Payable
- Recoverable on Paid Losses
- Prepaid Reinsurance balances
- Ceded O/S Case and LAE and Ceded IBNR balances
- Cash recipients and disbursement recording and application
- Creating ceded bordereau statements, ceded Schedule F including collateral maintenance, and quarterly GAAP financial statement preparation
- Maintain compliance to SOX, Solvency II and regulatory reporting including analysis and reconciliation of reinsurance related accounts
- Responsible for Ceded Reinsurance Financial Statement reporting and analysis of large loss and catastrophe events.
- Work with the broader Ceded Reinsurance members as a team to achieve company goals
In addition, you will exhibit the below requirements:-
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent training.
- 3+ years of experience within the (re)insurance industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to Interact and communicate effectively with the Senior Leadership team
- Willingness to be hands on yet promote strategic thinking
If you possess the above skills and would like to discuss in further detail then please contact Christopher Dodds at Oliver James Associates or alternatively apply using the prompts provided.