You will be responsible for leading the design, development and roll-out of applications on MMC's digital technology stack, with a focus on delivering solutions using an Agile framework. Ensuring solutions are innovative and of the highest quality, you will take a leadership role in ensuring that working practices and the technology stack evolve through continuous improvement of standards, practices and processes.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new insurance mobile and web apps, with a focus on maximising business value delivered.
- Promoting and adopting good practices in software development. We are passionate about clean code practices and test-driven development.
- This is a new journey for MMC; and as such this position will involve helping us to drive and shape what that will look like
- Collaborating with team members and customers, sharing opinions and listening to others.
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Contributing to improving our global technology approach, in areas such as:
- Cloud Platforms, Container Technology, API Gateways, Microservices, Logging and Messaging Platforms
- Agile and DevOps delivery methodologies
Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive development experience
- Likely degree in Computer Science or related field, or corresponding experience
- Passion for adopting good technical practices, enabling agility
- Able to self-start the technical aspects of small scale projects
- Experience working in teams using Agile working approach
- Technical mentoring of more junior developers and offshore developers
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Evidence of a strong team player
- Strong communication skills and have proven experience working in a global team with in-house, contract, and 3rd party off-shore team members
- Able to summarise complex technical issues to senior management
- Node web platform
- Test Frameworks such as Mocha, Jest
- CI/CD and Devops platforms such as Jenkins
- NoSQL databases such as Mongo
- Container and orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- API Development such as REST and Graph QL
- Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- GIT version control
- Microservices, API Gateway, Cloud