Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Obtain a highly detailed understanding of the applications for which the role is responsible with a goal of acting as a technical expert when interfacing with internal and external teams and senior management.
* Provide technical expertise at the highest level including training, leadership and guidance to other applications or infrastructure architecture staff, ensuring secure coding and robust architecture guidelines are met.
* Work closely with architects and other enterprise stakeholders to ensure solution alignment with best enterprise practices.
* Provide input into strategic planning and long-range direction for technology in the business unit.
* Develop technical specifications and guide development for application's business initiatives, technology changes and migrations.
* Evaluate and select from existing and emerging technologies those options best fitting business and enterprise needs.
* Thoroughly understand decision process of technology choice, such as capacities, response time, data interfacing, client server communication, industry standard technologies and new industry trends.
* Provide in-depth technical consultation to clients, partners, and IT management to develop plans and directions to assure the integration of corporate business requirements.
* Work within an Agile scrum team framework; taking stories and tasks during the sprint, participating actively with product backlog refinement, daily stand-up and bi-weekly sprint boundary meetings.
* Conduct feasibility studies and design system requirements for complex software development projects.
* Actively update knowledge and skills to keep up with advancements in industry advances and software.
* Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes and investigating problem areas.
* Engage in high level break/fix support during disaster recovery scenarios and assist with production issues when higher level analysis is required.
* Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* 8+ years of experience in application development experience using Java and other object oriented technologies.
* Excellent consultative and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with internal and external client, business partner, and IT staff and management.
* Programming analysis and design expertise with trading applications and knowledge of Capital Markets related acumen and required capabilities is preferred.