My client is looking for an Audit Supervisor in the Finance focused audit team. The audit function is a global function, with multiple departments broadly aligned to the business, product and operational structure of my client. The Finance Audit team is part of the Risk and Finance Division. Together with your international colleagues, you'll provide audit coverage on a variety of finance related audits. Working at my client means working in an international environment, where everyone aspires to be impactful and innovative in the field of auditing. This role offers the successful candidate an insight into the operations and challenges faced by Finance and more broadly the Bank, and hence is a fantastic place to develop an understanding of my client, including key developments such as datalakes.
Main missions (role and objectives):
To provide independent, objective assurance and advice to Finance departments, in order to improve processes and controls and to provide insight into priorities and challenges.
The role requires a finance knowledgeable professional to actively contribute to the planning, execution and reporting process of audits. The role requires an ability to work independently, and collaboratively, seeking guidance when needed. An analytical mindset is required.
Maintains a professional relationships with the audit client and local audit teams which we support when they perform a finance related audit. This support also involves traveling to work with the country teams on selected audits.
Manage expectations of auditees, through active communication. Works within the assignment team to ensure the related work is performed to a high quality standard, proactively gives feedback on the progress, and foresees and acts to avoid bottlenecks in the audit process. To Ensure data analytic techniques are leveraged in each audit.
Applies and upholds the principles of the Code of Ethics (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, Competence), adheres to the audit standard on Proficiency & Due Professional Care, and performs audits with professional skepticism.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Provide input to yearly Audit Plan.
- Monitor developments in the Finance function (regulation, systems and people changes).
- Understands the expectations for the audit as laid down in the Standard Audit Guidance and is proactive in identifying new and relevant ways of audit testing.
Audit Execution & Reporting:
- Execute complex audits steps independently and guide other members of the audit team.
- Be able to communicate the assurance gained from completing such steps, and also to explain how the control environment could/needs be improved.
- Draft findings for the audit report.
- A recognised finance/audit qualification.
- Proven experience and capability in data analysis, or at a minimum a strong interest in this area.
- At least 5 years hands-on working experience in a finance team, for instance, with another bank or corporate or within a larger audit or consultancy organisation.
- Fluent in English especially in writing.
- Able and willing to travel abroad (mainly in Europe).