Senior Infrastructure Build Engineer - Warrington
The business offers a flexible working environment with a day from home, flexible start/end times, on site free parking and an office location easily accessible from the motorway from Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool, Bolton, Preston, Chester, Wigan etc. Salary £60K plus a 20% bonus and excellent benefits.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Build Engineer to assist in rolling out and supporting the business journey to Continuous Integration and Automation. They are building a new team of Engineers that will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the business applications hosting platform, with a move to a hybrid on-prem / Azure cloud model.
This is a hands-on role where you will work collaboratively with the development and infrastructure teams to help build, automate and manage the application hosting platform along with building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot issues in the dev and test environments.
- Design, develop and implement automated build, deployment and test pipelines and support the Continuous Integration system by automating builds, troubleshooting build failures and maintaining documentation as an integral part of the team.
- Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of application build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security across our lab environments
- Support the set up all team environments, source structures etc. during project start up
- Ensure that the teams design for deployment, passionately working towards automation and elimination of repetitive tasks, bringing your experience in modern tools to help support development teams deliver more effectively
- Work with Architect and Tech Lead on the adoption of new technologies in to the estate, ensuring that these are shared with other areas and that they align with standards etc.
- To support the team in identifying issues with code / deliverables
- Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures
- An ever-developing knowledge of and interest in technology, particularly DevOps and infrastructure advances
- Strong Infrastructure background
- Strong Microsoft Skillset e.g. Server 2008-2016, SQL Server, Active Directory
- Strong experience with VMWare
- Experience with Azure, with a focus on infrastructure provisioning and management
- Experience of automated deployment tools e.g. Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of provisioning and configuration systems e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Understanding of Continuous Integration technologies and approach e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Source Control systems e.g. BitBucket, Git
- Good scripting skills e.g. PowerShell, Python
- Good understanding of databases
- Agile/Scrum working experience
- Knowledge of networks and firewalls
For further details or a conversation regarding the role and business please apply or call us directly on 0203 8619182.