Senior Infrastructure Architect - 12 month contract
We are currently working exclusively with a leading Swiss Financial Services organisation based in Zurich who are undergoing a large investment across their IT department and are seeking an experienced Senior Infrastructure Architect. This position will be overall responsible for the blue print design and project management of a greenfield Infrastructure department for Corporate IT Services department.
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of cloud services, storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation, designs, presentations, and plans
- To own the infrastructure roadmap and project portfolio, managing technical and architectural dependencies across projects and deliverables
- Demonstrate thought leadership, provide guidance and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
- Provide up to date and consistent build specification and documentation for the core IT infrastructure and IT security infrastructure
- Be the point of escalation for service desk staff
- Ensure disaster recovery systems are regularly tested
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. physics or mathematics) or architecture, or equivalent practical experience
- Professional infrastructure experience of developing solutions within service level agreements, with the ability to challenge existing processes to improve efficiency and outcomes
- In-depth design expertise with at least two of the following technologies in a large-scale, complex 24x7 environment with good understanding of other domains
- Ability to analyse and visualise data with Python, SQL or similar experience.
- Excellent understanding of networking (e.g. TCP/IP, LAN/WAN/Wireless network topologies, hardware and software-defined models)
- Good organisational, communication, presentational and interpersonal skills - with the capability to communicate concisely and effectively equally well with follow engineers, nontechnical colleagues and with members and/or customers alike
- Self-motivation and determination with the proven ability to multitask, organise and prioritise workload while having to work under pressure and to deadlines