Senior accountant role with mentoring responsibilities - great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in the FS space on a global level
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly financials for six syndicates and four BIDAC branches, to include posting journals using Agresso (GL Package).
- Preparation and review of key balance sheet reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Support the preparation of regulatory returns for Lloyd's/CBI or relevant regulators and tax authorities and presentation of same to management.
- Preparation and review of UK GAAP statutory accounts for six syndicates and Local GAAP branch accounts for BIDAC.
- Liaise with Group reporting manager to facilitate consolidation of the syndicate/BIDAC results into the parent company Beazley plc, (including calculation of any relevant IFRS adjustments).
- Analytical review of syndicate/BIDAC financial information including close liaison with the management reporting team.
- Production and review of note disclosures for group reporting.
- Production and review of quarterly regulated trust fund returns.
- Liaise with underwriters, actuaries, auditors, senior management and/or 3rd parties as appropriate.
- Ad Hoc reporting including co-ordination and collection of information to prepare internal reports.
- Support Syndicate/EIC Controller and Finance Manager with Ad-Hoc requests and projects as necessary.
- Review output of junior team members and escalate issues to Syndicate/EIC Controller where relevant.