The Senior Claims Examiner will be responsible for:
- Manage claims and review and assessment of coverage, liability and damages in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Review implicated policies, review other underlying carrier's coverage positions, if applicable.
- Identify and assess coverage issues, draft coverage position letters, and retain coverage counsel, when necessary as well as review coverage counsel's opinion letters and analysis.
- Develop and implement strategy relative to coverage issues which correlate with the overall strategy of matters entrusted to the handler's care.
- Develop and implement a strategy to resolve matters of liability and damages of a particular case.
- Maintain contact with the insured, underwriter, primary adjuster, counsel retained by primary carrier and the broker.
- Investigate claim, review primary's file, if applicable, the insured's materials, pleadings, and other relevant documents.
- Identify and review each jurisdiction's applicable statutes, rules and case law.
- Review litigation materials including depositions and expert's reports.
- Make decisions whether to retain monitoring counsel, request tender of defense from primary or proceed with the litigation utilizing counsel retained by the primary.
- Retain counsel when necessary and direct counsel in accordance with resolution strategy.
- Analyze coverage, liability and damages for purposes of assessing and recommending reserves. Prepare and present written and oral reports to senior management setting forth all issues influencing evaluation and recommending reserves.
- Attend mediations, trials, and other proceedings relevant to the resolution of the matter.
- Travel to and from such locations within the United States.
- Negotiate resolution of claims.
- Select and utilize structure brokers.
- Review and pay bills, invoices and process indemnity payments.
- Maintain a diary of all claims, post reserves in a timely fashion, and expeditiously respond to inquiries from insured, counsel, underwriters, brokers and senior management regarding claims.
The Senior Claims Examiner should have the following qualifications:
- Strong evaluation, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to take part in active strategic discussions
The Senior Claims Examiner should have the following education qualifications:
- JD preferred
- Primary casualty claims experience required
- Construction Defect experience required
- Proper Adjuster Licensing in all applicable States
If this role excites you, then please don't wait to apply!