Based at the Global Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and reporting into the Group Controller of the Group, IFRS Policies team is part of the Policies & Procedures team. IFRS Policies team monitors (inter)national developments with regard to financial reporting for banks, translates these developments into the global policies of the Group and advises the Group's Executive Board and Business lines on the application thereof. The team consists of 6 accounting specialists.
Main objectives and key responsibilities include:
- Identifying accounting change and analyzing the impact.
- Developing accounting policies to be used by the internal organisation and all the Business Units for financial reporting based on IFRS and Dutch law
- Acting as a trusted advisor for Group and Business Line Management regarding technical issues on financial reporting - advising management (including the Executive Board) on complex accounting matters and enabling management to make well informed accounting judgements
- Advising management on positions to be taken in national and international consultative bodies related to financial reporting
- Identifying, monitoring and participating - at both national and international level - in new developments regarding financial reporting by financial institutions, particularly with respect to IFRS
- Consulting with other financial institutions both nationally and internationally, as well as with regulatory/supervisory bodies, ensuring that the banks positions regarding financial reporting gain maximum support
- Reviewing the content of the financial reports to be published, in compliance with the applicable accounting requirements and laws and regulations
- Providing education and training to Group management and business units regarding (developments in) policies for financial reporting
- Providing support and advice to other departments with regard to accounting/reporting issues