Senior Business Analyst - Insurance
Seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join a Colchester-based IT team with the objective of helping roll out technical solutions that will support a revised future state business process designed to facilitate the transaction of insurance business moving forwards.
The role will involve significant exposure to the business community (Operations, Finance, Underwriting, Claims)
Job responsibilities & competence
- Serve as the liaison between various business units and the IT Department in determining business requirements for initiatives with a high degree of complexity.
- Analyse requirements feasibility to determine whether the requirement is viable both technically & operationally.
- Analyse the business needs by examining the current processes, defining new processes, identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Document & translate business requirements into systems specification documentation including use cases, wireframes, workflow diagrams, functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Assist stakeholders with varying points of view and priorities to understand the bigger picture.
Qualifications and capabilities
- Understanding of data modelling techniques, data structures, and data warehouses
- Capability to conduct analysis of data
- Proficient of gathering data
- Insurance background is a must
- Mentoring expereince - preferable
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Solid Presentation Skills
- Ability to learn and understand new products quickly
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, handling varying priorities by setting expectations appropriately.
- Clear communicator both written and verbal