This amazing opportunity is with an insurance client, based in Hong Kong. This company is expanding exponentially and is looking specifically for back-end developers with strong Java experience. You will be working in a lean structured and dynamic organisation that is adopting newer technologies to expand on their e-commerce platform.
With offices worldwide, you will be a part of a young, multi-cultural and forward-thinking team, making a large and positive impact to society.
What you'll do!
- Responsible for Java-based back-end services - including quotation, payment and CRM
- Work in in an Agile team using Scrum
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Provide system maintenance and support of production systems
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Support product managers on requirement feasibility research (spikes)
What you'll need!
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 6 years working experience with MVC frameworks. Solid insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Minimum 6 years working experience in Java development with Spring framework.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, data structure and algorithms
- Experience working in agile/scrum teams
- Basic knowledge of servers, DevOps and infrastructure
Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Redis preferred