Financial Reporting is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics, while providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice.This role requires a qualified actuary to develop and maintain a suite of management information to the support the requirements of the business from the Finance Reporting area.
The role will also require developing a strong overview of the business, communicating with business areas and understanding the impact of various factors on the financial results.
The role will then require presentation of a range of financial results, including predictive results and budgets and forecasts to Senior business leaders.
- To lead a team of Finance professionals, in the delivery of a suite of management information, on a range of financial reporting and business management metrics for internal and external reporting with supporting analysis and commentary
- To ensure the delivery of high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework.
- To develop a suite of reporting tools to aid delivery of regular management information, predictive results and budget and forecasting
- To liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impacts of various activity on the ongoing financial statements.
- To hold ultimate accountability for the accuracy of the output of the team, balancing resource time and cost to optimise the quality of the output
- To develop a team which is responsive to future business requirements
You will have:
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and SII principles and associated external reporting and disclosure requirements
- A strong understanding of financial statements and the key data included in the P&L and Balance sheet
- Significant experience of preparing financial information for the purposes of meeting internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Significant experience in understanding the wider business and distilling this information to provide understandable results to the business