Software Development/Test Engineer - Atlanta - 12 Month Contract
The SDET is the person responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining complex test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools. You will receive deep insight into the software development lifecycle along with freedom to complete your goals in your way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, operating at the tactical level, while solving difficult problems - this role is for you. You will mentor software development teams and provide direction across multiple portfolios on the development and implementation of testing automation processes, methods and tools.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advocate and evangelize best practices such as pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Advocate automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Assist scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Identify defects and missing information in requirements
- Implement and continually improve an automated testing framework at all levels of the application stack
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Contribute to the creation of a regression test plan specific to the project.
- Perform manual testing as required
- Extensive experience working with end-to-end testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Deep experience implementing complex test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools
- Ability to articulate the role of testing in an overall QA function and to influence a team of testers and developers towards a culture of "fail early" and "building quality in"
- Exposure to Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Exposure to development environments using Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience working with Selenium grid and implementing parallel test execution
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience analyzing business requirements, functional specifications and with collaborative specification
- Experience of Agile workload planning and management (Stories, Tasks, etc)
- Preparation of defect reports and defect metrics, preferably automated
- Defect Analysis and management experience
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or equivalent
- Experience in the financial market an advantage
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Experience of working on business-critical applications and large-scale customer facing websites
- Insurance experience is desirable although not essential
If interested please respond with an updated resume.