Multiple Scrum Master requirements across IT and Business Change for a major banking client based in Dublin, excellent salary and benefits package.
The Scrum Master is responsible for planning, facilitating, organizing, and motivating Agile delivery teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivery solutions that provide exceptional business value to users. The Scrum Master will facilitate Agile teams taking the vision, roadmap, and requirements from product management and turning them into solutions using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment. The Scrum Master ensures teams use the Agile framework, technique, and best practices that best ensure exceptional value delivery. The ideal Scrum Master is first and foremost a servant leader, a facilitator who tirelessly works through impediments, ensures the integrity of Agile processes, and motivates the teams to high levels of performance and achievement.
Team Level Teaching and Facilitation:
- Work with multiple Agile teams to keep them accountable for their commitments.
- Stand up Agile teams and help them develop team playbook to incorporate artifacts such as Definition of Ready and Definition of Done.
- Facilitate ceremonies within the accepted Agile methodology for the team.
- Facilitate development and test estimation planning.
- Enable the team to forecast deliverables possible in an iteration & project feature completion date.
- Shield Team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Remove roadblocks and impediments escalated by team members.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Create a positive and easy communication channel (team, product owner, stakeholders) with openness, honesty and respect.
- Assist the teams in tracking progress using various tools such as burndown chart, velocity chart, control chart, and cumulative flow diagrams.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and/or management as necessary to provide appropriate level of status updates. Effectively communicate with all levels including Developers, QA Analysts, Managers, and Executives.
Team Level Coaching and Mentoring:
- Guide and coach Agile teams and the organization on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products to customers.
- Guide teams in their Agile maturity journey.
- Coach team members on what Agile is and what Agile is not.
- Work with Product Management to build an Agile mindset.
- Guide the team to self-organize and self-manage.
- Identify opportunities for individual and team improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Solution Delivery.
- Coach others in developing and maintaining Agile best practices, processes, and mindset within their teams, with their stakeholders, and throughout the organization.
- Establish, participate in, and facilitate Communities of Practice to discuss and share proven practices across the organization.
- Develop, coordinate, own, and facilitate processes and practices to minimize and manage inter-team dependencies; ensure multiple teams can work as a cohesive whole to delivery company value.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Agile maturity model for the organization and coach and facilitate team growth and performance through continuous improvement.
- Develop and facilitate team assessment and improvement plans.
- Participate in Agile team inceptions and resets, facilitating from neutral perspective to ensure smooth starts and transitions.
- Partner with Teams in their journey to Test Automation - DevOps.
- Mentor Agile enthusiasts and other Scrum Masters.
- Coach leadership/enterprise in shifting to an Agile mindset - Build Self Managing and Self Organizing Teams.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Provide support to the teams using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs.
- Ability to influence and motivate team members working in multiple locations.
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least 3-4 years for a software development teams that were diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
- Proven experience with Agile Metrics such as CFD, Velocity, Burndown.
- Relevant Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM, etc).
- Certified SAFe Certification or Agile coaching certification.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
Excellent communication and mentoring skills.