My client is a subsidiary of a Japanese insurance group and offers Property & Casualty and Marine &Aviation insurance products in Europe designed to suit customers specific needs, today and tomorrow. The company concentrates its activities in Europe and operates successful insurance businesses from offices in Belgium, Netherlands, France and United Kingdom. Their gross revenue per December 2019 is circa €770m and targets an income of >1bn.
For the Finance department, I am looking for an IFRS /BEGAAP reporting accountant in their office in Amstelveen or Brussels.
The role holder will be part of the financial control and reporting team based in Amstelveen/Brussels and will report directly into the Financial Control and Reporting manager.
The primary purpose of the role is to be a strong contributor to the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process which includes Group IFRS reporting, regulatory reporting under Belgium GAAP / Solvency II principles and compliance with the Group Internal Control Framework, including J-SOX.
Your function - key responsibilities
- Preparation and oversight of reporting instructions and associated time lines.
- Operating effective financial processes and audit controls for the entity and its European branches within the deadlines.
- Producing and analysing internal reporting to the Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Board, both on reporting segments and consolidated level.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual regulatory reporting and responses to ad-hoc questions from regulators.
- Identify changes in financial reporting requirements impacting the company and contribute to solutions going forward in various reporting projects.
- Manage outputs and subsequent quality assurance over accuracy of financial results and reporting.
- Understand and maintain the Amlin Finance risk management framework consistent with the Group's risk management process.
Your profile - qualifications, skills and experience
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Finance or Business administration ;
- You have more than 3- 5 years of working experience in audit or an international company involving consolidation activities. Experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- You have a strong technical accounting knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
- You have good awareness of relevant regulatory requirements (Solvency II)
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, French is a plus.
- You are a strong team player with good communication skills (as the team is split between different offices).
- You are willing to travel to other offices on occasion to team up with colleagues.