Oliver James Associates as currently supporting an Internationally recognised Insurance organisation who are seeking to recruit an experience Actuary to lead their Research team whilst reporting directly to the Chief Actuary.
The Research team is part of the wider Finance team which covers Financial Reporting, Capital Management and Research. As a senior member of the Actuarial function, you will work closely with the leading figures from these respective teams and strategically advise the Chief Actuary on key business decisions.
- The specific projects that the role holder will work on will depend on priorities at the time, below are some examples to illustrate the nature of the role.
- Lead the production of experience analysis for mortality, morbidity and persistency, ensuring deadlines are met, proper quality assurance processes are followed and robust and scalable processes are developed for ongoing analysis.
- Produce papers, MI and reports for submission to Senior Actuaries, the Board and Steering Committees as necessary.
- Develop, review and update expenses, mortality, morbidity and persistency basis.
- Support Chief Actuary to carry out wider analysis and write year end assumption report.
- Carry out product development research to develop appropriate pricing basis for new products.
- Support business wide projects.
If you are a Commercialy driven, Qualified Actuary and are seeking to either progress into your first leadership role or are seeking to build upon your exisitng managerial experience, please apply to this position of interest.