QA Automation Engineer - Gainesville - 6 Month Contract to Hire
Oliver James Associates are currently partnering with a market leading Fortune 500 US insurance carrier in Gainesville, Florida, who are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer for their rapidly growing I.T team. Here is the JD:
- Participate in a collaborative cross-functional environment as a member of the automation team utilizing the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Review business requirements, functional specifications and manual tests to identify workflows, processes and functionality to automate.
- Implement new automation by designing, developing reusable automated test scripts in accordance with coding best practices and standards.
- Work within automation testing frameworks using Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, JMeter, SoapUI, Jenkins using Data Driven & Behavior Driven approaches.
- Use automation framework to perform UI, API, Load/Performance and Database tests.
- Debug, develop and maintain test data, test environments and test scripts that validate quality and performance of software applications
- Participate in quality planning, execution, defect reporting and tracking using Target Process bug tracking tool.
- Evaluate test results and prepare build reports to reflect the status of automated tests.
- Ensure version control of test development artifacts using version control systems (GIT)
- Manage VMWare test environment.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to gather information from project documentation, technical discussion and insurance requirements
- Understanding of the Software Testing process and the Automated Testing lifecycle
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks and infrastructure On Prem and Cloud platforms
- Hands on experience with open source testing tools Selenium/Web Driver, Cucumber, Rest Assured as well as familiarity with commercial tools like Silk Test - Silk4J
- Experience with JMETER, Postman, REST/SOAP, APIs, XML, JSON and Web services.
- Knowledge and experience with Java, Object Oriented concepts, SQL, DB Query tools
- Knowledge and experience of various types of testing such as Cloud, Integration, Load/Performance, Data, Mobile, Security and Responsive Web testing.
- Use of metrics and report writing tools such as Extent Reports, BIRT to create metrics dashboards.
If interested please respond with an updated resume.