Project Manager - Data
TOP 3 SKILLS Needed:
1. High tolerance for the org dysfunction that is rampant in as far as roles, accountability's go
2. High tolerance for ambiguity inherent in any major initiative and not expect a prescribed world order akin to an assembly line of work
3. Worked on a strategic initiative and by this, I mean an enterprise initiative that is focused on implementing capabilities that we can do without today (by hook or crook) but which when implemented we can't live without. Everyone drops the 'Strategy' word but all they are doing is pushing the envelope or some routine operational work. Strong and assertive person with good communication skills. I need them to be crisp in communication and good listeners
This is a hands-on role in the data space that will involve driving the Data Foundation initiative and coordinating with other impacted projects. In addition to the PM responsibilities this role also requires extensive partnering with the business to discover, analyze and document the business needs that drive the Data Foundation initiative and map them to key data sources.
This role requires working in situations with some ambiguity while striving to get clarity.
* Perform discovery and analysis in order to develop a deeper understanding of current state challenges and opportunities in the data space. This will help with the creation and maintenance of the enterprise data roadmap as well as help tee up prospective data initiatives for funding by framing the problem and determining the scope.
* Will help collect and understand data requirements for initiatives in the Data Strategy portfolio that can then be rationalized at the enterprise level. This will help drive data as a horizontal program across multiple initiatives as well as leverage the strategic data architecture.
* Will help prepare newly acquired capabilities for deployment into active projects by creating the necessary templates, processes and training.
* Document (e.g. requirements specifications, logical data model, etc.) and also collect existing documentation to help build up a repository of knowledge which will help spread subject matter expertise.
* Work closely with business and technology leaders and project manager to evaluate uses and needs for data.
To be successful in this role, it is expected that the candidate understands the P&C insurance business, key systems and data flows typical of the P&C insurance business and demonstrates good knowledge of project management practices, communication and meeting coordination.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* 5+ years of experience in data management with a moderate understanding of Data Warehouse, ETL design and development practices
* Strong SQL skills
* Strong written, verbal and presentation/communication skills including facilitating discussions and documenting results.
* Experience with data tools such as Metadata, Data Quality would be a plus
* Experience working with semi structured / unstructured documents would be a nice to have
* R, Python, SAS would be a nice to have