Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a Retirement Income Insurer to work as a Product & Systems Development Actuary. The role will focus on developing and delivering the Retail Retirement Income's new product and systems development strategy at a senior level.
- Lead on actuarial elements of product development work within the Retirement Income division including the design and implementation of new products for new markets being explored. This will involve product design and analysis, input into governance papers, systems requirements, testing, assumption setting and monitoring through MI.
- Develop the product pricing systems and tools to ensure that products are priced accurately and that systems are fit for purpose. Development of models should be carried out in line with agreed standards and clear audit trail of the changes made. This will also include specifying requirements for third party companies and testing of results.
- Ownership of the new pricing process, ensuring the smooth delivery of new products into the regular pricing process. This will require an understanding of the current pricing systems and an ability to work with the necessary Pricing teams to embed the new product.
- Build strong working relationships with Transformation, IT, the Product Technical team and other stakeholders to ensure that Pricing is represented in all required systems developments.
- Take the lead on longer term systems developments and work with Transformation and IT to move away from legacy systems. Be the pricing representative to ensure pricing requirements are captured and that market leading pricing capability is developed and maintained.
- Ownership of the development backlog for the annuity pricing engine, ensuring that all requirements are captured, prioritised and clearly specified for the development team.
- Take responsibility for the testing requirements for pricing models and systems developments e.g. designing and running test packs.