A privately-owned UK firm of pension consultants and actuaries seeking a Part Qualified Pensions Actuary who wants the opportunity to carve out a successful career and build their network and reputation within an award winning and growing organisation | Glasgow | £35,000-£55,000 DOE
About the business
A privately-owned UK firm of pension consultants and actuaries with offices in London, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Dublin. Due to considerable growth, this consultancy are seeking to recruit across the board in pensions and investments. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning and growing organisation.
About the role
You will use your pension knowledge and technical skills to deliver a high quality service to clients on a range of DB pension and investment related issues. You will take on a wide-ranging portfolio of work while developing client exposure and essential business skills. Working within the wider multi-disciplinary team, you will maintain regular contact with internal colleagues in our other Functions. You will use mathematical modelling techniques and statistical concepts to assess risks and analyse statistical data. You will prepare client communications, presentations and reports, with a high level of attention to detail. You will work closely with our Scheme and Corporate actuaries and the Directors of our Business.
What you will need
- 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- GCSE and A Level, or equivalent, Maths at grade A or above.
- Excellent experience in a similar role advising clients.
- Making good progress through the Actuarial Professional exams, nearing qualification
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of excellent client service and a broad knowledge of how UK pensions schemes work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Evidence of proactive extra curricular learning and engagement in your chosen career path.
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, in particular Excel.
What you will get in return
- Excellent remuneration package and benefits
- Flexible working and annual leave policy
- 10% matched pension contribution
- Income protection & life assurance
- Comprehensive private medical cover
- Full study package for trainees and training support for all
- Modern offices facilities with free fruit deliveries