Oliver James Associates Ireland are representing a global Re-insurer, in their focus to appoint a P&C Reserving Actuary.
Oliver James Associates Ireland are representing a global Re-insurer, in their focus to appoint a P&C Reserving Actuary. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Actuarial Function (P&C) and assist in all aspects of P&C Corporate Actuarial work.
As part of a combined Risk and Actuarial team this is a challenging and varied role with exposure across a range of topics including underwriting reviews and the internal capital model in addition to the traditional reserving tasks which cover a large range of product lines and global regions. The candidate should have an inquisitive mind-set, strong technical and influencing attributes, and excellent communication skills.
Working with an excellent team you will be provided the opportunity to enhance your skillset and create and build your own profile within the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reserving - Solvency II & IFRS
You will be responsible for the corporate actuarial tasks for the P&C business specifically:
- Production of quarterly BEL and Risk Margin for Solvency II reporting including sign-off documentation and management reporting information
- Annual reserve analysis for Portfolio IBNR, Claims Handling Expense reserves, AURR analysis and ENIDs provision.
- Support the Audit and Peer Review processes
- Co-ordination of external reserve reviews
- Contribution to the P&C Actuarial Report on Technical Provisions (ARTP), incorporating the opinions on underwriting policy and reinsurance
- Review of all P&C specific Quantitative Reporting Templates for Solvency II regulatory reporting
- The P&C section of the Regular Supervisory Report and Solvency and Financial Condition Report
Reserving - IFRS 17 Implementation
- Our client writes P&C business via internal retrocession with other internal entities and direct with third party companies. The third-party business is mostly structured reinsurance business.
- The role will include the development of the IFRS 17 approach and processes for both the internal business and the third-party structured business. The nature of our clients P&C business requires detailed analysis and thought to implement IFRS 17 in an efficient and workable manner.
Contribution to Risk and Capital Management
- Independent review of the underwriting department's assumptions and modelling of new treaties and treaty renewals
- Annual Validation of the P&C module of the Internal Capital Model including design, calibration and process
- Contribution to the ORSA through projection of movement in Solvency II Own Funds from projected changes in P&C Technical Provisions
- Provision of data to group internal model department for the calculation of the Economic Capital Model results for P&C premium and reserve risk
Our client offers an excellent base salary and package, alongside a great work life balance and defined career progression opportunities.
Please send your CV via the below link for more information.