Operations Transformation Director - West Yorkshire
We are searching for a senior level candidate to join an established business as they look to hire a Operations Transformation Director reporting directly to the COO, with a view of succession planning into the COO role within 2 years. The business have a large manufacturing arm as well as Technology driven products which together deliver a service to their customer.
They are looking for someone with strong leadership skills who have managed large teams successfully in the past. This person will drive transformation across the operational side of the business and bring new ideas and innovation into the operations. The role will effectively manage and motivate the Operations Team through effective and inspirational leadership, as well as contribute to the wider business strategy. You will also in addition own, plan and deliver the Operational Transformation plan.
REQUIRED/DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Running effective multi-site operations
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to motivate and engage colleagues at all levels
- Effective stakeholder skills to Board level
- Experience in significant transformation programmes delivering sustainable business benefits
- Experience of developing effective and productive relationships with union colleagues
- Experience of process re-design to drive operational and broader business efficiencies using process such as Lean and Six Sigma - Desirable
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To drive the performance of the multi-site Operations Team across ensuring all target dates and SLAs are met at the optimum cost and to the best quality
- To deputise for the Chief Operating Officer as required, and contribute strategic input into the wider business transformation agenda
- Own, plan and deliver the Operational Transformation programme
- Ensure cost budgets are set and achieved on an annual basis and deliver agreed cost savings in line with budget across variable (direct) costs and overheads
- Drive a coaching culture across the operation to improve colleague performance and engagement
- Provide Senior Leadership influence and participation by encouraging effective cross department collaboration in New Business delivery to maximise sales and profit targets
- Champion 'best in class' operational delivery, adopting a culture of continuous improvement, improving productivity and quality whilst reducing costs
- To develop effective stakeholder management across all areas of the business to develop and drive a collaborative approach
- To manage and implement CapEx projects as required, on time and to budget
- Effectively communicate and share company objectives and performance to develop a culture of shared goals and ownership
- Proactively own and respond to customer complaints and continually drive quality through the business
- Develop, plan and implement effective operational customer experience improvement plans
For further information on the role please apply.