Are you looking for your next career move in Actuarial Reserving? Are you interested in working for a supportive, international reinsurance business?
Oliver James Associates are representing a leading Reinsurance business, based in Dublin, who are looking to appoint a junior or part qualified actuary to support their growing reserving team.
This is the perfect opportunity to gain experience in non-life reserving and reinsurance.
Oliver James Associates are representing a leading Reinsurance business, based in Dublin, who are looking to appoint a junior or part qualified actuary to join their non-life reserving team. Our client is an international reinsurance company with an expanding European client base.
Salary: €50,000-60,000EUR + benefits (depending on experience and qualification level)
You will join a collaborative and supportive Reserving team, giving you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in different areas of non-life reserving and reinsurance. You will engage closely with stakeholders. The business is keen to invest time and training into individuals with high potential and a keen interest in the actuarial profession.
The role offers exceptional career progression internally as the company continues to grow.
- Reserving - supporting annual valuation
- Analyse quarterly financial data
- Communicate findings to Reserve and Risk committees
- IFRS 17 - supporting the IFRS 17 project
- Ad-Hoc Projects supporting other functions and the wider business.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
This role is perfect for a high calibre individual with a passion to learn and a solid work ethic. Limited working experience is no problem for my client, who is committed to providing first-class learning & development.
- 2+ years experience in an actuarial (or similar) position within non-Life (re)insurance
- Previous experience or knowledge of Reserving or related topics would be beneficial
- Strong IT skills. An interested in VBA, SQL, R, Matlab or other programming language would be useful.
- Good communication skills
- Happy to work in a team environment and willingness to contribute to varied projects
Please click "apply" today or send a copy of your CV to Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@ojassociates.com
Oliver James Associates are a global actuarial recruitment specialist. Chris Armstrong leads our actuarial recruitment team in Ireland - Please do not hesitate to contact Chris.Armstrong@ojassociates.com for confidential career advice or to discuss other available positions.