**Network Architect - London - Contract**
This role will be looking for a Network Architect working on a large scale integration programme, focusing on implementing Azure and other cloud based technologies. They are looking for people that have come from a customer facing technical environment, and that have worked with technical subject matter experts.
The role will be expected to deliver on the following:
- Design, development and maintenance of TCP/IP infrastructure technology solutions
- Contribute to architecture solutions and strategy relating to specialised area of responsibility
- Provide specialised technical resource to key project initiatives, e.g. Datacentre strategy.
- Provide primary or secondary support to resolve customer/service issues or problems relating to the network infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor and manage the technology associated with specialised area of responsibility
- Provide direct or indirect advice and guidance, in specialised area, in support of business areas as required.
- Deliver continuous improvement and ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Promote the interests of Group Technology within its subsidiary companies.
- Gain knowledge on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
The job-holder will be required to have a high level of technical skills, relating to the TCP/IP physical and logical network infrastructure solutions; including
- Experience of design and implementation of network components within Azure cloud.
- Experience of F5 load balancers both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Core Cisco infrastructure solutions, LAN and WAN
- TCP/IP Networking; Switching, routing, VLANs, Spanning Tree, OSPF
- High Availability and recovery solutions, VRRP, HSRP, GSLB, DNS
- Network Connectivity, Carrier solutions, Internet
- Boundary controls, Checkpoint F/W, ACLs, IDS/IPS
- Ability to present complicated technical information appropriately to business and technical stakeholders including architecture governance to enable informed decisions.
- A focus on delivery will be key along with great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks according to business focus.
- You will be able to manage your own performance, complete tasks reliably, and act proactively to understand client needs and identify solutions.
- The ability to work well within a team and also as an individual when required is essential.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills are a must.