For a big consultancy firm we are looking for a Manager Project Management.
From the unit which forms part of Technology Advisory, they offer clients services in the fields of Project Portfolio Management, Independent Review of clients' Programs, embedding Agile delivery practices in clients' organizations, and improving Portfolio, Program and Project management practices. They equally assume Program or Project Management responsibility for large transformation programs by using multi-disciplinary approaches.
Their customers rely on them to take ownership on key positions that determine the success or failure of projects. As well as their IT knowledge they also use soft skills such as good communication, leadership, and building customer relations, coupled with a strong dedication to quality to achieve the final result.
You will take charge of one or more projects (depending on project magnitude) in various sectors. In this context you will play a number of different roles from managing high visibility projects using Agile delivery methods, to implementing Agile practices (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, etc.) inside client organisations. You will blend traditional project management practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical projects and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
You will be responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects. At the same time you will equally train or educate teams on agile processes and methodologies.
You will engage with and influence C-level executives to embrace Agile as a means of transformation strategy into execution.
You follow market developments closely, keep abreast with developments in your area of expertise and translate this into appropriate services. Both internally and externally you will be seen as the expert in applying Agile delivery methods in various project contexts. You will be able to further develop our Agile delivery business and services.
You serve as inspiration and support to your colleagues from other service areas - acting as a role model for more junior practitioners; actively helping fostering Agile skills within our organisation.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Master's degree preferably in economics, informatics or engineering;
- 4-6 years of Project Management, which includes at least 2 years of hands-on experience with implementing Agile practices (Scrum, SAFe or other equivalent), lean product development, or leading projects applying Agile delivery techniques;
- An advanced understanding of traditional/waterfall delivery techniques and Agile delivery methods. You know how to combine them on a project and can assist clients in their thinking process as they adapt to Agile;
- A good understanding of Financial Management of Projects and Programs and have been involved in designing complex business cases;
- Excellent consultancy skills to establish credibility at client level and build problem-solving partnerships;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at various levels in business and IT organisations;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in project teams.
Agile Scrum, SAFe or PMP certification(s) are highly desirable.
Industry knowledge in the Financial sector is considered an advantage.
You are fluent in English, and in either Dutch or French.
At our client you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a strong team spirit in an international and dynamic work environment, you will find the knowledge that is enriching for your career. Besides a competitive remuneration package, we offer you a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, net allowances, insurances, lease car with fuel card, laptop and Ipad/Iphone, as well as the opportunity to work for major clients in various industry sectors.
They are committed to providing you with the best tools, resources and support throughout your career. Their success is based on the talents and abilities of their team, and their focus is on providing you with the best opportunities to learn and develop.
Be part of an ambitious and growing team where you help give direction and focus. Environment where quality, expertise and learning is central.
As part of technology advisor you combine the best of both worlds, giving you a holistic view on the business and IT organisation. You will be work with all 3 components of the Target Operating Model; people, process and tools.