For a big consultancy firm we are looking for a Manager Program and Project Management.
From the unit which forms part of Technology Advisory, they offer clients services in the fields of Project Portfolio Management, Independent Review of clients' Programs, embedding Agile delivery practices in clients' organizations, and improving Portfolio, Program and Project management practices. They equally assume Program or Project Management responsibility for large transformation programs by using multi-disciplinary approaches.
The customers rely on our client to take ownership on key positions that determine the success or failure of projects. As well as their IT knowledge they also use soft skills such as good communication, leadership, and building customer relations, coupled with a strong dedication to quality to achieve the final result.
As a (Senior) Manager you will take charge of one or more projects (depending on project magnitude) in various sectors. Relying on your experience in managing programs or projects, applying traditional delivery approaches, Agile delivery techniques or a mix of both you will advise on improvements in client delivery environment or lead multi-disciplinary teams towards a successful completion of programs/ projects.
You will engage with C-level executives in conversations as to how the Program or Project that you manage executes upon strategy they put forward.
You follow market developments closely, keep abreast with developments in your area of expertise and you translate this into appropriate services. Both internally and externally you will be seen as the expert in the field of Program and Project Management, and you will be able to further develop our services around Portfolio, Program and Project Management.
You serve as inspiration and support to your colleagues from other service areas, as an example for more junior practitioners and actively help fostering Program and Project Management skills within their organisation.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Master's degree preferably in economics, informatics or engineering;
- Minimum 6-8 years of hands-on experience in Program or Project Management where you performed in driving role(s) on Programs or Projects;
- Led or have been actively involved in cross-functional projects and can manage projects which are partially outside of your direct Subject Matter Expertise;
- A good understanding of Financial Management of Projects and Programs and have been involved in designing complex business cases;
- An advanced understanding or traditional/ waterfall delivery techniques, Agile delivery methods and know how to combine them on a project;
- Excellent consultancy skills to establish credibility at client level and build problem-solving partnerships;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at various levels in business and IT organisations;
- The ability to work independently, as well as in project teams;
- A result oriented attitude and are able to work under deadlines and you know how to prioritise work.
One or more certifications in Portfolio, Program and Project Management tracks (e.g. Prince2, PMP, SCRUM, SAFe or other) are highly desirable;
Industry knowledge in Financial Services is considered an advantage.
You are fluent in English and in either Dutch or French.
At our client you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a strong team spirit in an international and dynamic work environment, you will find the knowledge that is enriching for your career. Besides a competitive remuneration package, we offer you a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, net allowances, insurances, lease car with fuel card, laptop and Ipad/Iphone, as well as the opportunity to work for major clients in various industry sectors.
They are committed to providing you with the best tools, resources and support throughout your career. Their success is based on the talents and abilities of their team, and their focus is on providing you with the best opportunities to learn and develop.
Be part of an ambitious and growing team where you help give direction and focus. Environment where quality, expertise and learning is central.
As part of technology advisor you combine the best of both worlds, giving you a holistic view on the business and IT organisation. You will be work with all 3 components of the Target Operating Model; people, process and tools.