This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high growth and international E-commerce business in the North West. Due to their continued growth, my client is is looking to appoint an ambitious Management Accountant to support the wider team in the preparation of the monthly management account and analysis of financial reporting.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assisting in preparation of management accounts to be issued within 4 working days of month end. Key areas of responsibility will include carriage costs, warehouse costs, merchant costs and fixed costs with the opportunity to get more exposure to other areas of the P+L and balance sheet.
- Delegating month end tasks to junior members of the team wanting exposure to the accounts for personal development.
- Reporting department costs to management and department heads, including analysis of key trends and changes, and identifying potential risks and opportunities in our financial reporting and costs.
- Helping to develop reporting pack as business reporting requirements increase over time.
- Reviewing month end process and suggest improvements in procedures.
- Contributing to VAT & Intrastat analysis and submissions for numerous EU countries.
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Reviewing and analysing customer claims and refunds to identify key trends and risks to the business, reporting of these to management and identifying and suggesting potential process improvements.
- Advanced in excel is a must.
- Familiarity with SQL reporting.
- Highly numerical and analytical.
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Qualified or Part Qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA.