What does a Lead Business Process Engineer's workday look like?
- Lead Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable business results through effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Build commitment to business process management and improvement across the organization laying foundations for the deployment of Lean transformation and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the enterprise.
- Manage multiple initiatives of significant scope and complexity. Perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes and/or channels.
- Identify, analyze and scope process improvement opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Shape vision, mobilize commitment and lead team to change process, systems and structures.
- Provide data driven insight on key business issues. Identify information flows across the business, and the relationships between those entities. Resolve issues and navigate obstacles to deliver work product.
- Utilize knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methods (people, process and/or technology) to resolve defects and issues.
- Serve as a technical leader in the deployment of Business Process Engineering through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving). Work as part of a team. Train, coach, and mentor team members and group employees to achieve results through the understanding and application of process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Work with process improvement experts and other stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated and benefits are validated.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
What's required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree 10+ years' professional business or consulting experience with 5+ years' process improvement work experience.
- Strong, proven experience demonstrating leadership, business acumen, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills within Property & Casualty Insurance or a closely related field.
- Excellent process mapping and requirement gathering skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be an active listener comfortable with collaboration and able to quickly establish rapport and leverage relationships with stakeholders
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation within business processes
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Solid track record in leading and managing (both direct and indirect management) teams to deliver results.
- Excellent project management and workshop facilitation skills
- Minimum Black Belt certified or Lean equivalent certification
- Experience with deploying aspects of large-scale business transformation projects. Ability to work solo on projects as required and to perform multiple roles from ideation through to final delivery. Be equally comfortable and effective working solo or in teams.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that's even better:
- Ability to facilitate and influence business change with senior-level executives.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Insurance Services Industry.
- Experience of London Insurance or International Reinsurance markets
- Master's degree in engineering or business
- Self-starter who has led projects which have had significant, positive impact on member and employee experiences and contributed to business success.
- Highly seasoned and experienced LEAN leader/practitioner with a proven track record of end-to-end management of key strategic programs.
- Master Black Belt certified