Lead Developer C# / Junior Delivery Manager - Leeds
We are seeking technologists to join our growing Technology Team who can drive transformational change, not those who seek to maintain the status quo. You will be responsible for driving and supporting the development of IT systems across the business, reporting directly to the IT Delivery Manager.
This role would be ideal for an experienced Developer who wants to gain experience as a Delivery Lead / Team Lead. The role will involved hands on development, as well as project managing the work and projects within the team, delegating workload and managing the release cycle.
- Producing technical specifications for features/new applications and creating estimates for work, from those technical specifications
- Writing and unit testing new software from technical specifications to the required quality and standards
- Work with the team to identify strategies for stabilising the code base of core products
- Estimating effort for development work
- Peer review code to ensure standards are met
- Supporting and maintaining existing data processing, e-commerce, POS and other business applications
- Interfacing with the Architecture, QA and Applications Support teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Escalating any concerns or issues, relating to project slippage to the Development/Delivery Manager
- Problem solving & mentoring junior developers
You will have broad technical knowledge of software development and experience of the development life-cycle including:
- Designing and developing web based solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio, C#/ASP.NET and IIS 6+.
- Designing and developing SQL Server databases.
- Software design & writing technical documentation.
- Additionally, some experience of a broader range of technologies such as C++, Java, MySQL etc would be beneficial
Any exposure to any of the following is also highly desirable:
- Productivity & quality features within Visual Studio such as testing, code conformance and code analysis tools.
- Software Configuration Management / Version Control.
- Enterprise programming using technologies such as; Remoting, Web Services, Microsoft Message Queue.
- Web application frameworks such as MVC, JQuery and Ext.JS.
- Project Management
The role comes with excellent benefits and with some flexible working options. The business contributes 6% towards your pensions, 6x Death in Service policy and 26 days holiday (as well as the ability to work flexibly), free parking.
For further information please get in touch.