My client is undergoing a major programme of technology transformation, modernising its entire IT estate by migrating to Azure and moving into a Product/DevOps model. The Junior DevOps Engineer is responsible for assisting the team in translating business needs into technology / functional designs and delivering/developing a common supportable Azure architecture that conforms to known successful patterns, and that support evolution toward the future-state architecture.
- Development of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes, Terraform, Chef and Azure DevOps processes aligned to best practise.
- Assist in developing tools and processes that drive and improve customer experience.
- Development of infrastructure as code, build pipelines and testable secure infrastructure for migrating applications to the cloud.
- Work with Customers, product teams, developers and engineering teams to build long-term solutions.
- Build and innovate to replace manual processes with automation.
- Assist in building tools that enable teams to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance and operational efficiency.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
- Provide guidance to the wider DevOps and Development teams.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve Azure related issues independently.
- Familiarity with network and security principles e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.
- Some familiarity of programming or scripting languages (one required): Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby or .Net.
- Understanding of build pipelines, package applications and artefact management.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud services (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud).
- A basic understanding of network engineering and security principles e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.