A leading regional insurance client, with aggressive funding and growth, is seeking a Java back-end developer for their various back-end functions. They are currently developing direct B2C platforms and deploying worldwide to target a global consumer base. To support this function, they require strong back-end developers who can develop scalable, robust and reliable back-end systems in a microservices architecture.
What you'll do
- Responsible for either Java back-end services - including quotation, payment and CRM
- Build RESTful APIs from scratch in a microservices-based environment
- Work in in an Agile team using Scrum
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Provide system maintenance and support of production systems
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Support product managers on requirement feasibility research (spikes)
- Support front-end development teams when RESTful APIs need to be called
What you'll need
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 5 years working experience with MVC frameworks. Solid insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Solid knowledge of software architecture, data structure and algorithms
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Basic knowledge of servers, DevOps and infrastructure
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Redis preferred