IT Contracts and Vendor Manager
As the IT Vendor and Contracts Manager you will look after the IT Department maintains, monitors and evaluates vendor relationships, specifically, vendor performance, cost efficiencies, financial relationship and vendor risk to the business.
The IT Vendor Manager performs tasks and manages a combination of contract, relationships and performance management with IT vendors. This role owns and must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered and that all governance obligations are fulfilled.
Key Contribution Areas
- Implement the existing IT Vendor management oversight and governance model - including ownership of relevant policies, procedures, templates, reporting
- Act as Relationship lead for all IT Vendors, developing clear view of strategic value and roadmap for all key IT vendors
- Own and drive annual review of all IT vendor service contracts, SLAs and associated due diligence activity
- Establish and maintain clear metrics across all key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure strong performance management of the IT Vendors
- Act as internal escalation point for all significant incidents, issues or adhoc support requirements
- Assist or direct IT Business Owners with vendor evaluation and selection criteria, procedures, and best-practice tools and templates
- Provide oversight, guidance and support during negotiations with IT vendors to optimize the procurement of cost-effective acquisitions
- Continually evaluate, recommend and deliver improvements for IT vendor spending by category, cost centre, region and vendor
- Provide appropriate support to internal staff that manage individual IT Vendor accounts
- Plan and lead executive business review meetings between the IT vendors and senior level stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain a continuous Service Improvement Plan for key IT vendors
- Maintain/enhance tools for use in IT vendor management, including vendor tracking, analytics and performance management tools
- Manage relationships with IT vendors for cost-effectiveness, enhance and maintain the contract database/repository to ensure effective contract management and vendor relationships
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skill Required
- 5+ years of experience in vendor management preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Proven track record in vendor process management, performance improvement, and project management.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in commercial and contract negotiation
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders within vendor organizations.
- Experience in working with both local and global service providers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with individuals and groups
- Ability to build strong relationships with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Flexible and self-starting with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-national environment
Personal Capabilities Required
- Strong clients facing skills including facilitation skills, relationship management, and client reporting.
- Ability to deliver projects and work packages on time, budget, and to in-scope goals.
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude toward change.
- Highly organized, with the ability to plan in advance for short- to medium-term objectives.
- Must be trustworthy, respectful and ethical, commercial, inclusive attitude but knows when to make the decision, team player, gets involved, self-aware and able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.