I am currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer with design experience OR an Architect to join a technology led business based in Leeds. The successful Infrastructure Engineer / Architect - Design will be responsible for taking designs from concept and discovery process to design and then implementation and handover.
- Technical Lead - Knowledge & confidence to drive forward new ways of using technologies & provide advanced diagnostics techniques together with training to operational teams.·
- Discovery - Requirements gathering by exploring & questioning across all facets of projects scope; with a view to align with long term strategy and operational support.
- Design - populate detailed design plans & ensure timely informative updates back to the project management team. This includes taking account of (but not limited to) SLA's, contractual requirements, standards and regulations, capability constraint, resource and budgetary constraints.
- Project Planning & Implementation - form a key part of Soluplanning and communication with the delivery manager and other stakeholders that successfully delivers the project.
- Operational Handover & Mentoring - Document and Liaise with Build teams and IT Operations to ensure on-going support requirements are understood, identify and assist with any knowledge gaps within the other teams.
Infrastructure Engineer / Architect - Design experience needed:
- Strong experience of designing & building enterprise hardware such as firewall, switches, VPN, etc
- Strong experience of design & building enterprise server hardware including but not limited to: SAN, Blade
- Experience of virtualisation and cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of networking principles, including WAN connectivity, HSRP/Clustering, Vlan, routing
- Strong design experience of Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise applications such as: AD, SQL Server, Exchange/O365, SCCM, Quadient
- The Hiring Manager is happy to consider candidates who are currently working as 3rd line/Infrastructure Engineers who are looking to take a step up into Architecture