Business Analyst - Process Improvement
Oliver James Associates are recruiting for A Senior Business Analyst for a global Insurance business based in Dublin City Centre this role will be largely remote until a phased return to work will come in to play.
You will be responsible for both Business Analysis and Project Management across a range of both IT and Business focused Projects, starting with business requirements gathering and process mapping through to delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- 5 + years experience Business Analyst ideally within the financial services
- Comfortable managing stakeholders up to 'Head-of' and ideally C-suite level both on the business side and the IT side, acting as the interface between business, IT and third-party stakeholders
- An understanding of end to end software development lifecycle, the majority of Projects will be IT-focused so a slant towards IT would be preferable
- Articulate and comfortable participants at project steering meetings.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Proactive, detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation with experience dealing with cross-functional geographically dispersed teams.
- Ensure you have the right people at the table, i.e. those who will have input into the work and/or those who will be impacted by the work.
- Solid communication is critical to ensure success
- Key learnings - from past projects
- Business analysis plan - track work activities
- Process map - "as-is" to "future state" definition
- Proposed metrics - how will you measure the success of your project