Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a boutique wealth management firm based in London to search for a Head of Systems Development on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional to take ownership and autonomy for overseeing and the overall improvement of systems and databases within the company. The client offers a very desirable working culture and the chance to join a growing name in the wealth management space.
To apply for this position you must have experience of the following:
- Experience of project management and systems delivery
- Experience with Figaro (or equivalent)
- Experience with Xplan (or equivalent)
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Coding experience is desirable (SQL, C#, Python or equivalent)
- Degree educated
- 5+ years experience working in a financial planning / investment management / wealth management firm or equivalent
Typical day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and development of core company system and database (currently Xplan) including all work flows, permissions, management information and responsibility for process formulation and adherence in conjunction with the head of financial planning administration, appointment investment manager and employee benefits manager.
- Work with the Head of marketing to develop the use of existing systems or review, tender and implement additional systems to support the marketing and new business endeavours.
- Oversight and management of any project to review, tender and implement new asset management systems or custodian, in conjunction with the appointed investment manager and the CIO.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with the appointed investment manager, managing the relationship with the custodian of client assets and formally reviewing the sector periodically.
- To oversee the tender process, development and then delivery of proprietary tools created by third parties, in conjunction with the appointed investment manager, financial planner or employee benefits manager.
- Oversee and develop the employee benefits portal and clinic bookings system.
- Oversight and development of investment management systems and databases/platforms (currently Figaro and Fidelity Funds Network) including all work flows, permissions, management information and responsibility for process formulation in conjunction with the appointed investment manager.
- Oversight of report building software (currently Crystal Reports) and use in generating data driven reports for investment management, financial planning and employee benefits.
This is a permanent opportunity based in London paying up to £70000 (plus benefits) dependant on experience.