Head of Procurement - West Midlands
- Located close to Birmingham Airport
Exciting opportunity to join an established Procurement team during a period of transformation as they move closer to their "One Procurement" strategy and will have the opportunity to really make your mark! Working for a multi-national services business and reporting functionally to the Chief Procurement Officer, this role provides leadership and direction to a team of procurement professionals and is the key interface between the Business Unit and wider Procurement function. The role will influence the overall functional strategy and plan and be accountable for its delivery in the business.
You will have responsibility for delivering strategic and operational procurement and Supply Chain requirements to a Business Unit (c£150-£500m).
With significant focus on cost-out and cash-in, the Head of Procurement will be accountable for identifying and delivering year on year budgeted saving in addition to ensuring a fit for purpose supply chain delivers required customer commitments.
Your experience ans skills will include:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a procurement management role. Facilities Management and/or Construction experience is preferable.
- Proven experience of successfully interpreting business requirements in a complex environment, developing & delivering effective supply chain and sourcing solutions.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills to influence positive outcomes with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A situational leader who can lead by example, motivate and inspire others and positively influence all stakeholders.
- A successful track record of building, developing, motivating and leading effective teams.
- Experience in negotiating significant spend categories and managing effective supplier performance and relationships.
- Experience of developing and implementing lean, simplified and standardised, processes, policies and training.
- Capable of driving change and creativity in a tough and demanding environment.
- Programme/project management and governance experience within a multi-site/business matrixed organisation.
- Agile and able to work at pace, whilst maintaining high levels of accountability and personal integrity under challenge.
- Strong commercial acumen and financially astute
- Highly results orientated with demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding challenging targets for both self and team.
For further information please apply.