Head of Estates - (NHS Facilities Management) - Dudley
Brand new role joining a successful multinational FM business to manage a team of approx 60 staff on a large NHS account based in Dudley. This is a key role to ensure compliance with legal obligations, engineering standards, contractual obligations and best practice across the hospital, as well as advise the Account Director on detailed mechanical and electrical engineering matters, providing technical input to business development activities especially in respect to PFIs.
What the role entails:
- Ensure technical policy governance is quantified, measured and reported. In addition to the governance this post will be responsible for applying (via the necessary subject matter experts) all IFM Technical Policies in response to specific business, industry or contractual need.
- The Head of Estates is also a senior Authorised Person for the governance associated with the IFM Safety Rules and procedures.
- Prepare, manage and report on the Internal Technical Assurance Audit Plan for all of IFM.
- Maintain professional competence.
- Manage, assess and supervise APs RPs, and CPs
- Undertake audit of AP and CP process and internal compliance.
- Work with and enable the Authorising Engineers in the completion of their compliance audits of APs and CPs and complex engineering services
- Suspend the appointment of a CP and withdraw their CofA / CofC if considered necessary and record the reason(s) for the suspension.
- Report the behaviour of an AP to the AE for suspension and investigation should their behaviour be called into question
- Maintain and improve all of the Company Safety Rules in conjunction with the AEs.
- Provide performance reports to the Account Director when required.
- Maintain a register of APs and CPs for whom they have issued certificates of competency.
- Focal point for business engineering matters and Lead Technical Incident Investigator for all accident/investigations.
- Training provision for all technical staff.
- Technical Assurance also deliver technical training to all Technical teams, Graduates and mentor Apprentice from appointment.
- Mobilisation assistance to include - day one assessments, PPM set up, SSoW assessments and appointments and site awareness.
- Bid support - technical bid writing and site condition surveys/visits during/part of the bid process.
- Technical trouble shooting including business critical incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ensure all the projects comply with all regulatory and advisory frameworks, HTM, CIBSE, similar technical guidance, and good industry practice.