I've been advised by a key client of Oliver James Associates to search for a Financial Reporting Accountant within the London Insurance Market. Please see below for the Job Specification:
- Preparation of reliable, timely and complete monthly management reporting, including Board reporting pack
- Identify and investigate unusual variances and prepare variance analysis on key financial statement items for inclusion in various reports
- Preparing and posting journal entries into the Infor Sun System general ledger within the monthly reporting timetable including consolidation entries and technical provisions
- Assisting the preparation of year-end statutory reporting for insurance, holding, investment management and dormant entities in a timely manner
- Assisting with certain aspects of the strategic business plan
- Maintaining procedural documents for reports and processes, including reporting checklists
- Implementing process improvements to all reporting and internal control procedures
- Participating in ad-hoc projects as required by the Head of Reporting and Performance
- Establishing good working relationship with a number of stakeholders across the organisation to work effectively across different teams
- Establishing a good relationship with internal and external auditors
- Supporting the Head of Reporting and Performance in creating an environment of continuous improvement to ensure that all reporting is conducted to the highest possible standard whilst meeting efficiency requirements
Candidates need to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
Part qualified or newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 1-year financial reporting experience.
Familiarity/Experience within the London Insurance Market, investment products and Sun accounting systems would be an advantage.