Qualified financial accountant 1- 4 years PQE
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- The monthly / quarterly accounting closing processes.
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly reporting of management information.
- IFRS and Irish GAAP reporting - ensuring all reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Key contact regarding the regulatory audit process and in dealing with the external auditors.
- Managing the expense process - monthly/quarterly expense allocations and closing processes, actual v budget analysis.
- Co-ordinating with the accounts payable and treasury function.
- Maintaining finance operating procedures.
- Maintaining systems / controls to ensure adequate backup documentation / audit trail.
- Other ad hoc projects as may be required.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant with ACA, ACCA.
- Big Four Professional Services Experience or similar, in the financial services sector.
- Experience in financial services industry.
- Experience in the life assurance sector would be an advantage, but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency working with Microsoft Office software.
Hardworking, dedicated and focused with the ability to deliver results ensuring timely high-quality deliverables.
- Highly motivated and ability to take own initiative.
- Knowledge of IFRS / Irish GAAP accounting.
Strong technical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with a focus on attention to detail.
Ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to demonstrate flexibility towards work requirements / job specification depending on team needs and priorities; and
Identifies with the Company's values: Vision, Integrity, Leadership and Courage.
- Financial Services
- Legal Services